I’m always looking for good stuff for my “Gift Ideas” folder that I reference for birthdays and Christmas. So, tell me, what were the best gifts you saw this year that you or your family received for Christmas?
I’ll share some of our favorites in case any of you also collect gift ideas:
– My husband loves fresh tomatoes but we don’t have the space/time/competence to have a garden. So he loves this Topsy Turvy Tomato Planter he got.
– My dad had a novel he wrote a long time ago. I casually asked him for a copy of it this summer and had it printed at Lulu.com as a Christmas present. The results far surpassed my expectations — it looks just like a “real” book you’d get at Barnes and Noble!
– I love this Good Home Cookbook I got. It is jam packed with great, traditional recipes. The best part is that a manuscript of the book was sent to 1, 000 test families to see how the recipes actually turned out when attempted in the average American kitchen, then modified based on the results. (I love my Food and Wine cookbooks but my suburban grocery store isn’t exactly overflowing with Lebanese mini-cucumbers or amchoor.)
– Everyone in my family got a customized calendar with our family photos from Shutterfly (you can get them lots of other places as well). They were a huge hit.
– My husband got me a big, beautiful coffee table book about the lives of the saints. I’ve wanted one of these beautifully illustrated books but could never justify the cost, so it was great to get it as a gift.
I hope you all had a great holiday season. Happy new year!
Get your FREE copy of my Quickstart Guide to Find Your Gifts delivered right to your inbox!
Join my email list and get your free guide! I send notes a couple of times per month and will never share your email address.