Twelve great links for your Friday web surfing pleasure:
- Blogging and gossip: Adoro te Devote has some thoughts that all of us who write and comment on blogs should keep in mind.
- They weren’t ready: Don’t miss this amazing poem.
- Looking your best for God…or the world?: I found two somewhat-related posts on this topic to be interesting. I liked the discussion that resulted from this post at Mothers of Many Saints, about how moms of big families present themselves. And Ouiz has some good thoughts about skirts.
- NFP-only doctor in Dallas/Ft. Worth: Spread the news to your Catholic friends in D/FW! I’d love to stop by his reception on July 7 if I were in the area. Kudos to Dr. Behan for having the courage to convert his Obstetrics and Gynecology practice to NFP-only since he’ll probably lose a lot of his existing patients.
- Building your own house: Amber and her husband have me all excited about the possibility of building our own house one day. In this post they were kind enough to answer some of my questions like, “How much cheaper is it?” and “How on earth did you decide to build your own house?”
- Environmentalism as religion: I’ve heard a lot of comments about modern environmentalism morphing into a sort of religion, but this is the best, most concise summary of the issue I’ve heard. Definitely worth reading.
- Kim’s miracle baby: Kim, who had no idea she was pregnant with #9 until well into the second trimester, had to have her little boy delivered at 25 weeks while she was out of town. They’re now in a NICU 1.5 hours away from their home and their other children. Kim wrote in one post, “I had every single day in my planner filled this summer. [God] said no. All my projects are for later. He has different plans.”
- Dogs are the new kids: Kristine Franklin doesn’t mince words as she talks about yet another crazy side effect of contraception culture: people valuing animals equal to (or sometimes more than) people. Speaking of which, this article must be seen to be believed. (via Domestic Vocation)
- Tips for taking the kids to church: I found these nine suggestions to be really helpful! I was also reminded of Catholic Mom’s great post about church shoes from earlier this year.
- We are not promised tomorrow: Heather continues to eloquently chronicle her experience with brain surgery, cancer and chemo. Here she talks about struggling to accept her new appearance after her hair started to fall out, realizing that cancer has not changed her heart.
- Free customizable, printable calendars: How did I not know about this? (via Many Little Blessings)
- “The most beautiful thing this side of Heaven”: I’m enchanted with this video of a High Mass from the 1940s. You can feel how mysteriously beautiful it was even from this old black-and-white video. I hope that one day I’ll get to see something like this in person.
Get your FREE copy of my Quickstart Guide to Find Your Gifts delivered right to your inbox!
Join my email list and get your free guide! I send notes a couple of times per month and will never share your email address.