- For those of you who are following the story, things suddenly got better with Riley. I’ll write about it more later, but she and the other girls are back to spending 4 – 8 hours a day over here. Since many people commented and emailed after this post I just thought I’d offer that update.
- I’m excited to hear about the new Faith and Family blog for Catholic moms. From their About page: “As we help each other along the way, we hope that our magazine and blog will affirm something that is already written on every mother’s heart: That motherhood is a privilege. That family life is a joy. And that though being a wife and mother is likely to be the single most challenging thing any of us ever do, it is also likely to be the single most important thing any of us ever do as well. We invite you to pray, laugh, cry, and share the good and the bad right along with us.” What a great mission statement.
- The folks at Mary’s Aggies strongly recommend checking out this upcoming EWTN series called Being Human.
- Behold Your Mother will be hosting a Mary Moments Carnival. The theme for August is “Great Marian Books.” If you’d like to submit a post the form is here, and the deadline is August 10.
- Abbot Joseph, who always has incredibly thought-provoking posts at his blog Word Incarnate, sent me a touching email about his devotion to praying for those who are dying. He asked that I encourage others to do this, which is a great idea. Here’s his post about the Chaplet of Divine Mercy, and you can also get more info my requesting a flyer from his monestary at Abbot Joseph / Mt Tabor Monastery / P.O. Box 217 / Redwood Valley, CA 95470.
- Jeffrey Mark Ostrowski has created a site dedicated to sacred music. I felt like an ignoramus browsing through it because I kept thinking, “All this Latin is confusing me!” I am evidently not the target audience for this site. 🙂
- One of my favorite bloggers, Amy Milburn (Historical Christian), is asking for feedback as she develops a podcast of core Catholic beliefs.
- Since clearing out my inbox continues to be a Sysiphean endeavor, I’ve updated my email policy.
Get your FREE copy of my Quickstart Guide to Find Your Gifts delivered right to your inbox!
Join my email list and get your free guide! I send notes a couple of times per month and will never share your email address.