My first video

I‘ve had an increasing number of requests lately to address some topics by speaking, so I thought I’d give it a shot. Here’s my first stab at a video:

1. Maia says

If only all information was stated so concisely and entertainingly. It fits a piece of advice I heard the other day: "Take what you are doing seriously, but not yourself."

2. Anonymous says

You present yourself very well.

not sure about the dude in the banana costume….

there is a story somewhere?

(some Christians drive me bananas as well..ha) I am a Christian…

3. Jennie C. says

What's with the banana in the background? 😉

This is a test video, I guess? You speak well, carefully and clearly. :-) Perhaps a more visually interesting location, though? A desk, or an armchair?

4. Anonymous says

Aw, good job on your first video!!
    But don't forget to smile!

PS: Just curious, why is the person filming you wearing a banana suit? :)

5. Rachel says

Oh my gosh. Can't get enough of this.

I showed it to my husband through laughter. I think it made him nervous (Is there a banana suit in my future, I could hear him wondering.).

6. Roxane B. Salonen says

Oh my gosh, Jennifer, that is hilarious! Totally caught me on that one. My daughter happened to be watching; then she had to see it AGAIN. Then my other daughter came in and said, "What?!" So we had to show her. Meanwhile, my husband is lying here on the bed where I am typing, listening, wondering, "Huh???" This is great. I am definitely sharing it on my blog! Hope that's okay…

7. Nanny Y. says

Hilarious! You are too much! 😀 I don't think anyone could accuse of taking yourself too seriously.

8. Margaret in Minnesota says

And I thought I was the only one who kept a guy in a banana suit around for inspiration.

It must be a blogging thing.

9. Laura says

I figured there had to be a catch. You looked way too serious for there not to be something funny! I love the people who don't get it :)
    God Bless.

10. Karen E. says

As a fellow artiste, fully immersed in this thankless yet vital vocation, I find that I am profoundly moved by this.

11. Courageous Grace says

Wow, Jen, I loved it! You're a natural in front of the camera! On another note, you do have a beautiful voice. I'd love to see more.

Thanks a bunch for sharing this apeeling video. I'd leave a longer comment but I've got to split.

12. Kate Wicker @ Momopoly says

Oh my goodness. You completely caught me off guard. That's the first real belly laugh I had all day (it's been a long one). Thanks for that. You are hilarious. (And you do have a great voice.)

13. Kimberlee says

That was very interesting, but aren't you afraid of attracting large banana-eating scorpions???

14. Megan@SortaCrunchy says

BAGAHAHAHAHA! LOVE IT. I had to wonder after the first few seconds if there was going to be a surprise ending. It seemed all quite serious. I have to say I didn't expect that. You are such a hoot! I bet you are totally, totally fun to hang out

I’m so used to reading without hearing your accent…never thought to imagine one…totally shocking. (But, already knew about the banana.)