Ack! I’ve been so busy getting ready for my trip to do the Renewal Ministries taping that I ran out of time to write up my Quick Takes. I’m still posting the linky list, though, so that I can see what’s going on with all of you. I look forward to reading your posts!

And so that I can contribute something, here’s my one take:

(For those of you who thought I must be kidding when I said I’ve been entering and exiting my vehicle through the window.)

Have a great weekend!

————————-

Comments

Wow – I cannot imagine having to do that every time I got in and out of my van…especially since I’m pregnant right now!

Jennifer

I’d missed last weeks post, coupled with the picture today I laughed until I cried, my children thought it all hilarious too. Oh my, lol

Hilarious! I backed into the babysitter’s car last week, and my door is sticking, so we’re supposed to be getting in and out through the sliding door. My husband thinks he has to slide the chair all the way back to acocmplish this, but I am supermommy. (And I’m in and out too many times in one day, anyway.) πŸ™‚

I am impressed. I would not be able to do that – not in a million years. I’d just stay stuck until the end of time – either in the car, or at home because I wouldn’t be able to go anywhere!

My level of admiration for you just skyrocketed. And not because of your ability to climb out of the car, but for your willingness to post the picture!

Jenn, I love you! That photo totally made my day. I’ll confess I’ wasn’t sure if you were kidding or not. Mainly because I don’t think I could pull it off and I know we’re about the same height, build, and gracefulness factor. You are awesome. Have a great trip.

7. Athena says

Can’t believe someone else has had to do this too. But mine was in the dead of winter, and I had to crawl out the BACK window, over two car seats. Don’t ask how I did it. I just don’t rember.

8. Marie says

I wanted to post a comment here today to ask for your prayers for my friend Bonnie who blogs at Learning to be a Newlywed. She sometimes posts Quick Takes here, so you may recognize her. Bonnie gave birth to a son, James Fulton, yesterday morning. He was born without a heartbeat and not breathing. He was resuscitated and is now in the NICU. You can read more on her blog – learningtobeanewlywed.blogspot.com. Thank you in advance for your prayers!

Ok, Jen, maybe I missed something… why not climb out the passenger door? It seems that might be a BIT safer. πŸ™‚ Hope your plane ride was uneventful. I didn’t hear any tales of a screaming woman being hauled off on the tarmac, so I’ll assume it went well.

10. Marie says

Jen,

It’s chilly here in Michigan! Not going to get out of the 50s during this weekend. Bring a coat and long pants!

Marie

11. Marian says

As window entrances/exits go, that looks downright elegant. Very nice! Much classier than Daisy Duke for sure.

12. Lana says

LOL! That’s a riot.

In highschool, we used to have to climb over the front seat and climb out the passenger side door because the back doors wouldn’t open. It was mortifying. Then it got worse when the car would compulsively stall out and the only way to get it started again was to open up the hood and then manually push the gas pump. My parents continued to insist on pulling up in FRONT of our school, however, and never understood why we would have preferred to be dropped off a few blocks away.
    Pretty soon, we volunteered to ride a city bus.

Please ignore the “I Hope You Were Disappointed” in my link – it is the name of a blog post I linked to somewhere else, and apparently the form saved it…grrr….

Whew!! I only published one quick take last week. I didn’t hook up to Mr. Linky though, cuz I thought that would be cheating. This week I have all 7. And Bo and Luke Duke have nothin’ on you sister–or are you old enough to remember The Dukes of Hazzard and how those boys used to enter and exit their orange muscle car through the windows? Have a blessed weekend! πŸ™‚

15. Rebecca says

I’ve been reading your blog for awhile but have mainly been a lurker. This picture is great though! Reminds me of when I accidentally side-swiped a van…..and as we were pulled off to the side of the road, I was embarrassed (even more since the accident was my fault) to have to crawl out the passenger side of my car! Another fun part was that I got pulled over by a cop a few days later. Thing is that I was parking and didn’t even know he had pulled me over until I’m crawling out my passenger side to look to see a cop approaching me. Just great. Luckily a friend was able to use a crowbar a couple days later so that I could at least open my car door until I could get it to a body shop to get fixed.