My article in Envoy Magazine

Jennifer Fulwiler

"Up From Atheism" by Jennifer Fulwiler

I’m excited to announce that I wrote the feature for the current issue of Envoy magazine (and, yes, that would be my picture on the cover). It’s the most comprehensive version of my conversion story I’ve written yet.

The issue is full of other great content as well: a profile of Fr. Frank Pavone by Danielle Bean; a fascinating discussion of gluttony by Patrick Madrid; practical tips for remaining detached from money by Fr. Andrew Apostoli, CFR; a transcript of a powerful talk about the Eucharist and keeping the flame of faith alive by Abbot Placid Solari, OSB; and more! If you’d like to purchase a copy, call 800-55-ENVOY. (While you’re at it, check out the great work that the Envoy Institute does, and consider becoming a member!)

Comments

I can vouch for the fact that the article is well worth the read. I’m still processing the miracle of your conversion, Jen.

2. Kit says

I have some friends who were Christians but are now into atheism and it is very disheartening (they are angry over some pain), but I always find it encouraging to think of your story and how you smartly make sense of your faith trumping atheism! Your writings and explanations are a great encouragement to me and I have learned a lot ๐Ÿ™‚

That’s great! Congrats on having the opportunity to publish a detailed account of your conversion. I’ll have to get my hands on a copy!

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful, Jen! I’m a convert too and my husband had a lot to do with it. We’re celebrating a 7th birth on Tuesday this week, by surgery because the little guy is sitting straight up in the womb! I look forward to reading your article and I LOVE the cover photo! Thanks.

Congratulations on being given this venue to tell this story – what a gift from the Holy Spirit to those who will read it!

I ask for your prayers…my brother, raised Catholic, has announced his atheism. I am not sure how to proceed…any suggestions would help.

Envoy was at FOCUS Conference in Baltimore this weekend and had free copies of the magazine… I picked one up and told all my friends, “I know her!”… except, well, I don’t… but I feel like I do since I read your blog so much! I read the article and it was beautiful! I’m thinking of sending it on to some friends that I think could use it! Thanks for sharing your story so beautifully!

This is wonderful, Jennifer! I’m so happy for you and this is just the beginning of what I’m sure will be many more opportunities to come!

Congrats Jennifer! Can’t wait to get my copy… & thanks for leading me to “Envoy”- there’s a talk on evolution that I must get too!

You look awesome on the cover… Jesus’ light shines right through you!

God Bless!

9. Wsquared says

Sorry I don’t have much to say other than “congratulations!” and “YAY!!!!” ๐Ÿ˜€

I’ve spent many an afternoon perusing your blog. The thing about being a Catholic revert is that when one thinks about it, one consciously appreciates what it’s like to be brought up in the faith, and also what it means to convert.

God bless!

10. Paul from San Antonio says

Congratulations and great photo. Did you have any ‘shoe angst’ before the photo shoot?

11. Shirley says

The cover looks great! Congratulations and thanks for tuning me in to Envoy…can’t wait to take a look!

I discovered later, however, the problem with the argument of Quo Primum Tempore is a failure to take into account the canonical tradition. First, this argument does not distinguish between the doctrine and discipline of the Catholic Church.