The update you’ve all been waiting for…

Ever since I blogged about our experience hosting an older orphaned child from the Kidsave Summer Miracles program, many of you have asked me if “Rita,” the 12-year-old girl who stayed with us, ever found an adoptive family. Though I knew that good things were in the works, I was always hesitant to give an update since there were so many variables at play. But I am thrilled to finally be able to announce that “Rita” has been adopted and is currently heading back to the U.S. with her beautiful new family!

"Rita"/Ana with our baby when she was here in 2009. The two of them became great little friends.

“Rita’s” real name is Ana, and her new family found her through her involvement in the Kidsave program. I can’t tell you how rewarding it is to have been part of something like that! I’m thrilled for her, and for her new parents.

If you would like to read more about our experience having her stay with us in summer of 2009, all the posts I wrote on the subject during that time are here. You can find out more about Kidsave at their website here. If there is a program in your area, consider being a host family! It’s a guaranteed way to change a child’s life — as well as your own.

Comments

Hooray! As an adoptive mama, I can’t help but cry to think of all the children in the world without a forever family. I am so glad that “Rita”/Ana has finally found hers. Thank you for sharing this update. I had been wondering.

I’m so happy. I prayed a lot for this when she was with you and thinking about it here and then since. Your time and journey with her was such a blessing to read about and this is something we would pray about doing in the future. It was a wonderful use of your blog as a ministry. Blessings to Ana and her new family!

AMEN! I love it when “older” children find there forever homes!–we couldn’t be more blessed with our two older adopted kids from Ethiopia!

4. Smoochagator says

Oh, I could just cry, this makes me so happy! Congrats to “Rita” and her new family.

As an adoptive mama and pro-life advocate, this post brings tears to my eyes! What an adorable little girl- I’m so happy for her and the joy she must be feeling! Also, I’ve never heard of that program, but thanks for the link. What a beautiful witness you and your family are.

Another adoptive mom here — there seem to be a lot of us reading today. :) I am so thrilled that this dear girl will have a family at last! I really appreciate you posting an update about Ana, and I have wondered more than a few times what happened to her. This makes my day!

I’m another one of your foster/adopting mom readers. This is such great news! I hope very soon to be able to post that my own foster daughter’s adoption is final! In the next few months she’ll be all ours!