The Style, Sex, and Substance book comes out soon — like, any minute now. That’s the one that Hallie Lord edited, that has chapters by tons of fabulous contributors (and me). I’ll tell you more about why the book is good and post some excerpts later. What I want to talk about today is the fact that the trailer was removed and banned by Youtube. You can see it below, as it’s now hosted on another video site. Pretty scandalous stuff there, right? I’ve been having a bunch of email back-and-forths in which some of the other contributors and I have been speculating about why this happened, and here are our top guesses:
Top 5 theories about why the Style, Sex, and Substance trailer was banned from Youtube:
5. The medical community objected to Simcha Fisher’s statement that prenatal ballet makes babies resistant to bees.
4. It was the work of Mark Shea‘s minions, who were enraged that he was not asked to contribute to the book, even though he is not a woman.
3. Youtube was concerned about the juxtaposition of the picture of the knife with Rachel Balducci’s quote about using margaritas to deal with dark moments.
2. Word got out that Hallie’s husband Dan, who is the former lead singer of a punk band, created the music himself. One of the guys from Train works at Youtube, had a flashback to the time Dan and his bandmates band almost gave them a beatdown, and yanked the video out of spite.
1. Youtube was scandalized when they figured out that Betty Duffy’s Twister reference was, in fact, sexual innuendo.
Anyway, I was going to wait to bring all this up until the book is officially released, but there are murmurs going around that it might sell out on pre-order and I wanted to make sure that MY readers get their copies without delay (please picture me throwing my head back and cackling MWA-HAA-HAAAA as I typed that). So, go preorder it now, and talk amongst yourselves about why this video was booted off of Youtube*.
* I offered to try to sneak it back on there through my account. Hallie started to say yes…then she remembered the demographic breakdown of my Youtube followers, imagined her book trailer getting a thousand “Dislikes” and being flooded with f-bomb-dropping comments, and politely told me that she’d just go ahead and put it on Vimeo.
Get your FREE copy of my Quickstart Guide to Find Your Gifts delivered right to your inbox!
Join my email list and get your free guide! I send notes a couple of times per month and will never share your email address.