FROM MY BLOG AT THE REGISTER
- How I memorized my favorite prayer in less than a minute
- The secret lives of women (who don’t use contraception)
- How princess fairy tales taught me to dream
- Top pitfalls for new converts
ON THE CALENDAR
- April 14: George Weigel is coming to Austin to speak at the diocesan Pro-Life Benefit Gala. I’m not sure if I can make it, but it’ll definitely be a great event.
- April 19: I’ll be on the EWTN show Life on the Rock, which will air at 9:00 PM CST.
GOOD STUFF TO CHECK OUT
- A Catholic mom named Ann has an Etsy shop where she sells beautiful First Communion Veils.
- Laura Dominick, who blogs at Homeschooling with Joy, is a veteran homeschooler with seven children, and she shares her secrets for making it all work in a book called A Plan for Joy in the Home. I really like it. It has worksheets and checklists and samples schedules and all sorts of stuff that will help you successfully manage the chaos that can come with homeschooling lots of children.
- Looking for another good charity to support? How about free wheelchairs for the poor? (I discovered it via this L.A. Times article about the founder. Interesting guy: He has his doctorate from MIT, and founded this charity after a family crisis led him back to his Christian faith.)
- For those of you who do the St. Louis de Montfort consecration to Jesus, there is now an entire website to support you in your consecration journey.
Get your FREE copy of my Quickstart Guide to Find Your Gifts delivered right to your inbox!
Join my email list and get your free guide! I send notes a couple of times per month and will never share your email address.