“Pass over to renewal” – A Holy Week message

Blessed Holy Week! I won’t be hosting 7 Quick Takes this Friday in honor of Good Friday, but I look forward to seeing you all again next week.

Also, you know what’s great? Cardinal Timothy Dolan. You know what’s even better? Cardinal Timothy Dolan delivering a powerful Holy Week message in less than a minute and a half. Less than a minute and a half! You have no excuse not to watch this.

UPDATE
: Ohmygosh. The next video that auto-plays is titled Pregnant Kourtney Kardashian Defends Hair Change. Let me just note that a) I cannot control this, b) this is not part of Cardinal Dolan’s official Holy Week message (I don’t think so anyway — I mean, I don’t want to speak for a Cardinal), and c) you should watch the video anyway and just frantically bang around on your keyboard to turn it off as soon as Cardinal Dolan finishes his message.

Comments

1. Laura R says

Wow, that was a great message! Short, sweet, and to the point.

Lucky for me it didn’t start auto-playing another video, so no frantic banging on my keyboard!

Well, for what it’s worth, I had no auto play on mine…too bad, I was looking forward to finding out the secret of pregnancy hair through Kourt’s eyes…

No auto-play for me. Great message! I have to say that I have found since becoming Catholic that sometimes a 2-minute homily can be more powerful than any 45 minute sermon by an entertaining Protestant preacher.

Awesome video! Thanks for sharing it – I’m totally passing it on to the youth at my parish! Great find!

5. Kerry Wolf says

No auto play for me either–bummer. Oh well, great video by Card. Dolan!! Thanks!

I am so very thankful for Cardinal Dolan! Wouldn’t it be great if Cardinal Dolan’s message auto-plays for those watching the very important Defense of Hair Color While Pregnant Manifesto. . . one can hope.

Omigoodness-I can’t describe how much I love this man! He’s so energetic and fun! He’s clearly putting the cool in cardinal these days. I love the way he gets to the heart of the matter in a approachable, yet, in-your-face kinda way. Hope you and your family have a very blessed Easter Jen!

8. Emily Woodhouse says

Just watched the video. Cardinal’s words filled my mine with a piece of peace. Also turned it off right after the message as you said!!

I’m sure that there’s something amazingly profound and deep in that sequence of videos. Im not quite sure what it is though….

10. cmichaelsny says

The Lenten season marks a forty day period. It begins on Ash Wednesday and ends on Good Friday for Protestants while Catholics end the season on the Thursday before Easter. The Eastern Orthodox begins on the seventh Monday before Easter. Sundays aren’t counted for Protestants and Catholics but are for the Orthodox. Lent is a time of reflection and sacrifice with a focus on the work of the cross…

Jennifer, I am a stalker/HUGE fan of your blog and even participate on Fridays when I get my act together. Love, love, love your blog and although I know you have a bajillion fans adoring you and complimenting you, I am going to join in. But do they all nominate you for The Versatile blogger award? http://versatilebloggeraward.wordpress.com/about/ that’s right! I bring gifts! LOL! Seriously though, keep it up, you bring up topics and views I had not even considered!! also, I have a teen atheist following my blog…hoping he’ll start to follow you, I hear you already have a few 😉

12. Joselyn says

God took faith and reason, threw it in the blender and we now have the honor of counting among our existence Cardinal Timothy Dolan! (well, maybe he didn’t need a blender) God Bless!

I’d been recommended this website via my personal cousin. I am not constructive no matter if the following distribute can be authored via your ex since who else fully grasp these specific about our issues. You might be fantastic! Many thanks!