7 Quick Takes Friday

I have so, so very much I wanted to share today, starting with how we ended up getting a one-eyed cat from a brewery last weekend, but, alas, my day was so crazy that I had no time to write my post. Don’t feel too sorry for me, though — a big part of what took up my time is that my dad took us out to El Monumento (many of you remember my dad from the first episode of Minor Revisions — awesome guy).

El Monumento

My dad and Joe ponder the mysteries of life over margaritas.

So…I traded a blog post for great conversation, delicious food, and margaritas with fresh-squeezed lime juice. I think it worked out pretty well.

Looking forward to reading your posts!

Comments

1. the other Becky says

I am very curious about the why you adopted a one eyed cat from a brewery. Don’t forget to tell that story.

And speaking of margaritas, you have mentioned before that sugar has devastating affects on you, and even a handful of potato chips is too much starch. I am guessing from your frequent references to margaritas and wine that alcohol does not have the same affect, right? Do you why not?

This is perhaps not the appropriate place to ask the question, but can anyone shed light on why Blogger has suddenly and violently takena disliking to allowing me to comment? It has eaten every single comment I’ve tried to leave on a BlogSpot site for the last two days. I really am trying to visit people but I am about to scream words I shouldn’t be, and go on a lifelong rampage to convince EVERYONE TO LEAVE BLOGGER AND GO TO WORDPRESS, WHICH DOESN’T HAVE THESE STUPID WORD VERIFICATIONS! Can someone pull me back from the edge?

me too!! I spent a good several minutes crafting a thoughtful response to someone’s quick takes last night and my comment got eaten. Boo….

• Will says

I have had the same trouble. Blogger is part of Google and, as part of their ongoing mission to make “Don’t be evil” the most ironic motto in history, the captchas on Blogger frequently feature house numbers vacuumed up by the Google Street View cars. On general principle, I refresh the captcha until I can honestly say I can’t read the number. But more often, I just don’t bother to leave comments on Blogger sites.

• Stephanie says

Blogger authors have the option of turning off the captcha. I don’t know why more don’t do it.

Yes!! And I can never comment on my ipad either- it doesn’t let me enter my details. Everyone to WordPress, please!

Fresh squeezed margaritas sound so good, I’d make some for dinner tonight, except my freezer bowl needs 24 hours to chill. Boo. Oh well, Friday is supposed to be a day of penance.

4. Emily says

I don’t even like tequila, but those margaritas sound great! In fact, all hard liquor has sounded delicious this pregnancy, darn it!. . . lol. That sounds weird when I write that out.

One a side note, all my midwives recommend a good craft beer after birth for the b vitamins and hops for milk supply. This will be my third baby and homebirth and I finally asked my midwife if the beer was really for me or for her and she just smiled. HAHA>