7 posts, 7 days

Starting Monday, it’s on! A new post every day from Monday, February 24 to Sunday, March 2.

7-day-blog-challenge

And if you have a blog, you should join me. Here’s why:

• Your readers want to hear from you. Don’t you love it when you see new posts from your favorite bloggers? Personally, I would rather them throw together short, imperfect posts than not update at all, and I bet your readers feel the same way.
  • It’ll help you overcome perfectionism. How often has this happened to you?: You have a good idea for a post. You’re just about to type it up, but then you start second guessing it. An hour later, you’ve decided that if you were to put these thoughts into words, everyone would think that you’re the most crazy / stupid / irresponsible / weird / boring / unoriginal person in the whole world. Then someone else writes the same basic thing, and everyone on Facebook is hailing it as the most brilliant writing ever put on the internet. This is why we need deadlines: they force us to stop thinking and just write.
  • It’s like a blogging closet cleanout. When I clean out my closet, I have a rule that if it’s been more than a year since I last wore an item, I either need to decide that I will begin wearing it now or give it away — no more looking at it and saying “maybe one day I’ll get to it…” The 7×7 blogging challenge does the same thing for my closet of post ideas. If there’s a topic I’ve been meaning to get to for months, I either write about it during 7×7 or delete it from the list.
  • New readers will discover your blog. My favorite part of the last 7×7 is that a bunch of readers mentioned that they discovered new writers from it!

For those intrepid bloggers who are up to the challenge, feel free to add your blog to the linky list below so that the rest of us can follow along with your posts.

And if you don’t have a blog but like reading them, check out the list for sites that will have lots of fresh content next week.

Monday, it begins.

————————

Comments

Hmm. I blog infrequently because I have to make every post well thought out and complete. But you have some convincing arguments there… I’ll be pondering. And MAYBE I’ll be linking up.

Linking up again! The last link-up is what started me blogging a bit more consistently (at least once a week…or so..). Hoping this time I’ll get another little jumpstart to get up to a couple times a week or more! Fun times ahead!

I didn’t do this the first time around but I am going to try and keep up this week :) And I do the 7 Quick Takes Friday’s most of the time :)

I’m excited–I already have two posts written.

2 down, 5 to go…

Love this linkup! Looking forward to reading lots of awesome posts!!

<3 jeni

This was hard work but a lot of fun the last time I participated. I’m looking forward to doing it again. Since I love meeting new bloggers in these link-ups, I also randomly picked three participating bloggers to follow next week. That way I also support those playing along. :-)

I’m doing it! Not only because it sounds like a great idea, but because my husband starts coaching soccer in a week and then my brain will turn into survival mode and all creativity will be lost.

Is it cheating if I’ve already committed to a New Year’s resolution of posting a poem a day? I’d probably try to do a second post too, but I’m not sure I can commit to two posts a day.

Alright I’m signed up, but if my family comes down with another parasitic infection mid-week, i’ll know that I’m just NOT supposed to blog seven times in seven days.

I’m joining you! I like the idea of getting out some posts that have been sitting in my drafts. They are my self-conscious posts! Thanks for the encouragement and chance to get them out there! :)

I think I’m insane to do this, but I’m feeling the pressure from the nearly 250 other bloggers that already signed up!! :) I don’t want to be left out! We’ll see what I can come up with!

From October 2012 to October 2013, I posted daily. November and December I slipped a bit, but I haven’t missed a day in 2014 yet. It’s good for consistency, good for relaxing that perfectionism as you mention, and becomes a pleasant daily ritual closing out the day.

Thanks, Jen. My wife is a loyal reader and suggested this to me. I’ve got a lot to write about this week anyway, so this’ll definitely give me a good reason to get it out there!

Thanks for this challenge! Last time I was grateful for all the great reading. This time I am participating. Is there a twitter hashtag for this?

It’s 11:53 on the East Coast, and I got my first post in just in time! Phew!!

Six more posts in six more days. Can’t wait to do some reading too! Thanks for putting this out there!

Wow, this is going to be wonderful! I can’t believe that I’m going to take this challenge, but I think I’m finally ready for it! I’m super excited! Thank you for doing this!I better get typing fast it’s 11:38 central time!

Great idea, but I’m glad I didn’t sign up for this round. I have been fighting “the crud” (a cold) this week, and at this point I’m lucky I have the energy to sit and read blogs. Maybe next time!

Thanks for having us over, Jen! Not only fun, but it also helped me out of a vicious circle I have been in of not posting very much lately! I feel like it might take me the rest of my life to see all the other blogs, but I am working my way through them – WOW!

Wow. I can’t believe I actually made it.

And I really can’t believe I actually posted the link! I mean, I cheated and waited until I had all seven posts up, but still! Pressure! Attention! Scrutiny! Aaaaaah! Oh well, it was already posted publicly anyway. 😛

Thanks for the inspiration! This was tough but rewarding. In the last week, I’ve broken my blog’s records for the number of posts in a year!