NYC, let’s do this!

I just got word that Ignatius is sending me to the Big Apple for a book tour stop!

I’ll be in New York City the week of June 2nd, including visiting some of the surrounding areas like Connecticut.

We have a few events nailed down, which I’ll post about soon, but there’s room in the schedule for more. Any suggestions? If you would like to help arrange a book signing or a speaking engagement, please email Kelly from Carmel Communications at kkracht@carmelcommunications.com — you can CC me at conversiondiary@gmail.com too, but Kelly is the main contact.

And if we still have spaces in the schedule, I’m up for meeting at a coffee shop and just hanging out!

More details soon.

(And maybe I’ll end up with a new blog post titled, THE MONSTER TRUCK HITS MANHATTAN.)

Comments

1. Claire C says

I’m so excited to read this post. I live in Connecticut. It would be wonderful to meet you, and I would buy yet another copy of your book. Oh yes, and while we’re talking about your book–I loved it! Thank you for sharing your story. xoxoxoxo

2. Lynne says

Do you sorta feel like your living someone else’s life? All this “touring” sounds surreal and super fun. Except for the monster truck/no eating or sleeping part, of course. But running around the country, meeting all these people, WOW!

3. Kira says

How very exciting! I live in NY, near the border with CT! Keep us posted on details…would love to meet you. Your book was amazing.

4. Steph says

I too live on the border of NY and Conn — and would love to come to a book event. I’m praying it won’t be on a Wednesday or argues day night when I work:))

Hi Steph –

Lisa

We can’t wait to see you and hear your talk and buy your book!

You will love NYC. You are visiting at such a beautiful time of year.

You just made my morning! I can’t wait to attend an event! (I live nearby on Long Island.) In your future entry “The Monster Truck Hits Manhattan,” perhaps you can include the subtitle “And parallel parks like a boss” — that would be the real feat around here.

If you allow yourself any free time on your whirlwind tour, there are a number of beautiful churches in the area that you might want to check out. (If your schedule permits, I’d be happy to email you some of my favorites, which no doubt have coffee shops nearby, suitable for, um, just hanging out with one of my favorite authors…just saying!) Anyway, safe travels! Looking forward to hearing the details!

I’m one of the few Catholics under 60 living in Brooklyn, so let me know if you need anything at all while you are in town! I’m at home with my 9 month old all day, so we’ll take any excuse to get out of the house.
    By the way, New Yorkers take very kindly to large modes of transportation, especially on the subway – that monster truck will fit right in. 😉

Looking forward to meeting you!

@Rebecca – Your comment made me laugh. And I love your pictures. (Also, I promise that there are more than a few practicing Catholics under 60 in Bklyn, but I can see how it often seems otherwise. Perhaps a visit from one Jennifer Fulwiler will be what it takes to draw them out of hiding!)

And this is when I tell you give me the date and time and I will arrange for you to come to Sandy Hook….in fact, there is a Starbucks right next to Saint Rose of Lima…and I have been circulating your book, so really, you kind of HAVE to come….right?? RIGHT? please????????
    xoxoxoxo

Hi Laura,
      You will be so excited to hear that Jen will be right around the corner in Stamford! Bring your friends from St. Rose of Lima, and please spread the word –
      Come to the Basilica of St. John The Evangelist in the downstairs church hall at 279 Atlantic Street in Stamford on Monday, June 2 at 6:30pm for Jen’s talk and book signing. She will post the rest of the NYC details soon, but since you are right around the corner, I wanted to let you know that is one event that is confirmed. I look forward to meeting you there. Feel free to e-mail me privately about getting it in the bulletin if that would help: homeplacemoms@gmail.com

Lisa

9. Marilyn H says

So excited that you’re coming to NYC. Come to Queens where the ordinary folk live!

10. Bridget says

YES!!!! CT! I’m in north central, but will go wherever–that’s the beauty of our tiny state. Can’t wait!

Hi Bridget,
      You will be so excited to hear that Jen will be right around the corner in Stamford! Bring your friends and please spread the word –
      Come to the Basilica of St. John The Evangelist in the downstairs church hall at 279 Atlantic Street in Stamford on Monday, June 2 at 6:30pm for Jen’s talk and book signing. She will post the rest of the NYC details soon, but since you are nearby in North Central CT, I wanted to let you know that is one event that is confirmed and since it’s just a little over a week away, I know it takes time to get babysitters. I look forward to meeting you there. Feel free to e-mail me privately about the event: homeplacemoms@gmail.com

11. Gina says

Boston is totally a “surrounding area” of New York, just throwing that out there 😉

12. Jen Arch says

Wow! I want a blog post on “how i manage all these book tours with six children at home” because I can’t get out of the house to do anything much less travel out of state! :)

13. Kathleen says

Hi Jen, I’m in Summit, NJ, just 20 miles west of NYC. My parish, St. Teresa of Avila (part of the Archdiocese of Newark, NJ), has 4,000+ families. We have speakers from all over come to our church frequently. I don’t know if there’s time to plan a speaking arrangement and/or book signing, but if there is, please have Kelly get in touch with our rectory. If you come to this area, please let me know. I’d be happy to spread the word to my friends, family & networks and support you in any way. God bless you in your ministry!

• Kathleen says

I know you interviewed with Gus Lloyd; you should see if you could stop by the Sirius XM studios and chat with Fr. Dave Dwyer (Busted Halo Show) or Lino Rulli (Catholic Guy) on the Catholic Channel.

I know how much you loved flying into the Atlanta airport – hope you come to GA; we’d give you a warm welcome!

15. Julia at LotsaLaundry says

Would love to meet you in person. Could bring packs of children if you’re lonely, wine if you’re not. Email me.

16. Cristi says

Central CT, but will travel! AHH I did NOT think I would get to witness this book tour but I see now there is hope!

Also, moving back to DC this summer. Double dip? I think so!

17. Jessica says

Jumping up and down (not literally, but that’s ONLY because I am still drinking coffee while my husband and the toddlers are asleep).

I shall be checking back obsessively for dates and times! If you don’t want me to bring the kids with me, please post that information as soon as possible. Otherwise, I’m sure my little ones will have lots of fun with Julia’s “packs” mentioned above. 😉

18. Lew says

Is that rice pudding place still in SoHo? You should check it out if it is still in business. (Rice to Riches maybe)