Austin book signing, DC dates, and co-hosting with Lino Rulli (I can’t say anything else lest my blog explode from awesomeness)

Some breaking news I wanted to share…

Fellow Austinites, come join me at St. Mary’s Cathedral this Thursday (6/26) after the 12:05 PM Mass. I’ll be giving a short talk, signing books, and hoping nobody notices if I tuck some of the free food into my purse to bring back for the kids.

The one and only Lino Rulli is bringing his NYC-based radio show aaaalllllllll the way down to Austin for the week of June 30, and I’ll be the co-host. We’ll be broadcasting live from St. William in Round Rock, and generally having a ridiculous amount of fun. If you’re a SiriusXM subscriber, tune in! (And if not, you can get a free 30-day trial.)

At long last, I am finally making it out to our nation’s capital! I have never been to DC, and it seems like all of My People live there, so I’m thrilled to say that I will be in the area around the weekend of 9/27. More details soon!

. . .

I can’t wait to connect with more of you through these great events!

. . .

1. Becky says

Just give me a minute, I will have a whole itinerary planned for your two weeks in The D. C. area. If you weren’t planning to stay two weeks, well, I guess you’ll just have to, to fit everything in. And you are bringing the kids , right?

2. Wendy says

You made another pretty big announcement on Conversations with Cardinal Dolan yesterday. My 15 year old daughter and I squealed with delight! So excited for all this big stuff. What an awesome use of all your free time. 😉

I also told my daughter how much I love you because you played such a huge role in my own conversion (doing RCIA in the fall), so thank you! I told her I feel like I’m one of those crazy people who loves someone and feels like they really know the person, while said person doesn’t even know they exist. LOL Thank you for being such a great friend without even knowing it.

• Wendy says

Apparently Jennifer is getting a show on the Catholic Channel in September!! Woohoo!!!!!!!

Yes! I’m SO excited! Right now I don’t have any details, so I was going to wait to mention it until I have little things like a title. :) But thanks so much for your kind words — I’m so honored!

3. Mary says

Can you share the big news Wendy mentioned for this of us who didn’t hear? And I feel the same as Wendy that you are my friend even if you have no idea even though you don’t know it.
    I’m still waiting for word you are coming to the Twin Cities so I can plan a women’s morning with you at our parish in Edina!

• Wendy says

Scorpions? Hahahaha!

On a side note, a couple month ago I read your old post about tehe centipede ans shadow beliefs. As I’m reading I think, “Wow, I haven’t seen a scorpion in our house in quite a few months.” I head downstairs and lo and behold a scorpion is in our kitchen!!! I blame you. 😉

For real though, I love hearing about your conversion asd your “normal” mom life.

I realized later that I forgot to mention that — it’s right after the 12:05 PM Mass (I have a conflict at noon so I’ll probably be getting there around 12:45).

DC! Yay!!! My offer to house you still stands, and I’ll be ridiculously pregnant and miserable which makes it SO MUCH MORE ENTICING, right???

5. Danielle M. says

LOVE the Catholic Guy! When I heard he was heading to Austin I hoped it was to include you in his show! I also was listening to Cardinal Dolan’s show yesterday and got so excited! I listen the the Catholic Channel all the time, can’t wait to hear more of you.

You simply have to come to Catholic University in D.C. and the Basilica of the Immaculate Conception! Did I spell that right? Anyway it is the largest Catholic Church in North America with about 70 chapels and a whole lot more inside! Then there is Emmitsburg, Md with the Grotto of our Lady of Lourdes. You gotta see it!

Anyway looking forward to you visiting the area. I loved the book!

7. Susan says

As I’ve mentioned before, my husband is with the National Archives and will be happy to give you and yours a personal tour. In fact, we’re both historians and have survived homeschooling three now adult children, so if you are planning on bringing the family, let us know and we’ll happily give you some hints about the must see locations.

• Jo says

As another DC librarian, I must also say that a visit to the Library of Congress is a must-see too-personally, I think it has more of an ‘Oooh, aaaah’ factor than NARA, though I’ve worked as an archivist and love manuscripts too :)

8. Kristin says

Hi – I’ve never commented before, though I read your blog and I am reading your book and I LOVED your e-book! I’m so glad to hear you’re coming to DC in September – I look forward to meeting you and hearing you speak!