One quick take from my hotel next door to the White House

I was determined to be able to write my 7 Quick Takes Friday post this week, but — to nobody’s surprise except for mine — I have been extremely busy here on the DC book tour. If it tells you anything about how crazy my schedule has been, my hotel is practically next door to the White House, and I haven’t done anything more than give it a passing glance as I run from one place to the next.

It’s been great, though! I have met some absolutely wonderful people and am having a blast. I’ll tell you all about it next week!

7qt-dc-pauline

With the Daughters of St. Paul from the Pauline Bookstore in Old Alexandria. They even have a chapel in the bookstore! Does it get any better than that?

P.S. My appearance on The World Over got pushed to next week — check it out next Thursday, 10/2, at 8:00 PM ET.

——————————

Comments

I look forward to reading all about it.

The Pauline bookstore in the middle of the Sydney CBD used to be such a lunchtime refuge for me after my conversion. I thought a 15 minute brisk walk for good books AND a chapel was a pretty sweet deal!

2. Paula says

Red flag on the punctuation post. Everyone ignore it. The unnatural grammar raised my suspicions. I’m not even replying to it directly.

• the other Becky says

Jen has been getting several comments lately which do not come from real blog readers, but link to advertising. Why advertisers think that we will buy something they have tricked us into looking at is beyond me. I am afraid that is the price of fame. The scammers think enough people are reading Jen’s blog that it is worthwhile trying to steal some of her space. I hope she has time soon to wave a computer magic wand and get rid of them.

Love Old Town Alexandria! Miss all the little fun spots of DC! Grad school up there was never short of a beautiful Mass nor some yummy food!

4. Patricia says

How great to see Sr. Margaret Michael & Sr. Maria Elizabeth! They stayed with us for a few days when they were passing through our state for a Catholic book fair & were such a joy to have with us! Our children very much enjoyed hanging with the nuns! 🙂 They had us over for lunch in Alexandria a couple of years ago when we were in VA visiting family & it was so wonderful to be with all the Sisters!

I love the Daughters of St. Paul and Pauline books! I love seeing and chatting with them at the Ignited By Truth Conference each year in Raleigh! I read their “Saints for Young Readers for Every Day” books to my kids during our “Couch Catechism” time each morning. Perfect Saint books for children and adults to learn so much! In your “spare” time, here’s all about our “Couch Catechism” time on my blog if you want to click over and read it 🙂

May your book tour continue to be a blessed time! Loved your book and passed it on to a Catholic friend who has a husband who professes atheism.

6. Bennett says

Greetings! Very helpful advice within tbis article! It is tthe llittle changes thhat prodjce thee bighest changes.
    Many thanjs for sharing!

Feeel ffree too surf to mmy websitye – addd comment (Bennett) (#Kristine#) (#Angeles#)