As I have traveled all over the country this year for my book tour, one of the most frequent questions I’ve gotten is:
“What is up with that Edel Gathering thing?”
People who heard about the event from friends of friends wanted to understand what was so different about this gathering, and I always struggled to explain it. Describing it as a “party” showed how fun it was, but it didn’t capture the palpable sense of camaraderie. Calling it a “conference” made it clear that we had quality speakers and a wide variety of top-notch vendors, but it didn’t convey the part about hotel security having to almost drag us off the dance floor well past midnight.
One day I was fumbling around once again to describe it, and the analogy finally came to me: It felt like it was a weekend reprieve for frontline soldiers who’d just come in from the battlefield.
Hallie and I started this event because we were filled with a sense that Catholic women — mothers in particular — desperately need breaks they’re not getting. We believed there was an urgent need for these women to get a weekend away to have their temporal needs met, in the form of quiet hotel rooms, delicious food, uninterrupted conversations with friends, and glasses of wine.
In short: We thought they needed a really good party.
We threw the first Edel Gathering this summer, neither of us having ever hosted a conference before, and it exceeded our wildest expectations.
And so it is with giddy excitement that I tell you that tickets to the 2015 Edel Gathering will go on sale next week!
The 2015 Edel Gathering
July 10 – 11, 2015
The Francis Marion Hotel
In historic downtown Charleston, SC
Tickets on sale here starting 11/19/14
- A Friday night cocktail and hor d’oeuvres party (and of course the now-traditional Crazy Shoe Contest!)
- Fabulous speakers, including Kelly Mantoan and Rachel Balducci
- Time on Saturday morning to enjoy the Farmer’s Market across the street from the hotel, meet up with friends, stroll through downtown Charleston, or just sleep in!
- Vendors with a wide variety of great products
- Free access to massage chairs, a makeup consultant, and other fun service providers
- Top-quality coffee
- Karaoke (though we now have a rule that you cannot drop the mic after rapping and doing the robot to Flo Rida because the DJ gets mad)
- A lavish dinner on Saturday night
- Overstuffed gift bags
- Easy access to the local cathedral
- And we just received word that the Catholic Channel on SiriusXM will be covering the event!
Tickets go on sale at our TicketLeap page here next Wednesday, November 19 at 11:00 AM ET. Tickets are $280 and include a full pass to all events. Also, we expanded our capacity this year so that more of you can come!
We are also excited to announce that we got a deeply discounted rate of $189/night at the hotel, exclusively for Edel attendees. We have a limited number of hotel rooms at this rate — in fact, we completely sold out of our first room block shortly after we posted the “save the date” announcement a few weeks ago, and we’ve already had to request an additional block — so I recommend that you don’t delay in booking your rooms. You can make reservations by visiting the Edel page on the Francis Marion website or by calling (843) 722-0600 and using the code ‘EDEL’.
If you have any questions, you can check out the Edel Gathering website or email us at email@example.com.
See you in Charleston!!!
Get your FREE copy of my Quickstart Guide to Find Your Gifts delivered right to your inbox!
Join my email list and get your free guide! I send notes a couple of times per month and will never share your email address.