Big news for our family!

Those of you who have followed our family’s story over the years, or who read my book Like Living Among Scorpions, are familiar with Yaya.

village2

Yaya who crushes wasps in her fist.

Yaya who once brought an oversized Easter Bunny to the house and expected the kids not to touch it.

Yaya who sends the kids home with bags of scorpions.

Yaya who quickly developed a great relationship with St. Anthony, despite not being Catholic.

I’m thrilled to tell you that Yaya’s latest adventure is that she is entering the Church! She has been in the Rite of Christian Initiation and will receive the Eucharist for the first time at the Easter Vigil Mass.

IMG_4462

Watch out, Church! Yaya is about to be in the house!

Also, I think I have the concept for my next book: Yaya Meets Catholicism. That has bestseller written aaalllll over it.

It’s going to be a wild week so check Facebook, Instagram (@JenniferFulwiler), and Twitter (@JenFulwiler) for updates!

. . .

P.S. In other awesome news, I interviewed a rap battle artist on my radio show! It was one of the best moments in radio history, as far as I’m concerned. You can take a listen here:

Comments

1. JoAnna says

That’s so great! Welcome home, Yaya!

My MIL entered the Church this past January. Isn’t it wonderful when family comes home?

2. Becky says

This is SO exciting! I’ve been a longtime follower and have always enjoyed the Yaya stories. Please give her a big welcome into the church from me!

Welcome, YAYA. Jen, what I love is that you have loved her dearly and have never indicated anything but delight in Yaya’s help, love, goodness and deep faith regardless of her denomination.

4. Elena says

What great news! She — all of you — must be so excited.

Just FYI — I love that I able to download your previous shows on my Sirius/XM app on demand.

5. Beth Ellis says

Happy, happy, happy for Yaya! And also for ME – I am entering the Church at Easter Vigil too and I am probably older than Yaya! We are never too old to finally get the message and come fully to God! Praise Jesus!

6. Barbara says

Lot’s of prayers for you, YaYa! I am also a convert and have a special place in my heart for RCIA!

So excited for YaYa! I’m a convert, too, and Easter Vigil is my absolutely favorite night of the year. May it be a blessed liturgy and may God’s grace and Holy Spirit sweep Yaya away (without any scorpions, please!) Welcome to the club, Yaya! Make sure to keep reaching into that giant treasure chest of the Church and finding new trinkets and exquisite jewels to delight and inform. I rejoice with you all!

8. Gabriel says

Yup. I know her. She is in same class with Noe Rocha and me!!! Feeling blessed helping out! I’m gonna be there as a sponsor for someone In the class.

9. Leigh says

Fabulous! What good examples you set for her. Know you are thinned :-). Welcome home YaYa

10. Erin Bussian says

YaYa is a genius, so this news is not surprising, merely delightful! You and your family now have ample reason to party ridiculously this Easter. God bless you all, and thanks for sharing the great news!

11. LPatter says

Yayyyyyy for YaYa!!!! Remember praying for her after that beloved St. Anthony post way back! 🙂

Such a beautiful testament to the fruits of your own conversions. Joe must be thrilled.

Blessings for a beautiful Holy Week and Easter.

Welcome to Rome Sweet Home, Yaya!