Hi, I’m Jen! I’m so happy you stopped by. Below is a little information about me. I’d love to hear from you as well! Come say hello on Twitter, Facebook, or by email. If you’d like to say hi in person, you can see my list of upcoming speaking engagements here.
WHAT I DO
– I have a radio show called The Jennifer Fulwiler Show on SiriusXM channel 129. I am not expecting to win any awards for Most Creative Name for a Radio Show.
– I wrote a memoir about my spiritual conversion called Something Other than God, which was a finalist in the Goodreads Reader Choice Awards in the Memoir category. (Thanks, Goodreads readers!)
– I recently released a humor ebook called Like Living Among Scorpions: One Woman’s Attempt to Survive Her Suburban Life. It reached the #1 spot in Amazon’s Humor Essays section, which was pretty awesome.
MORE ABOUT ME
– I grew up atheist, and had a crazy religious awakening thing happen that involved me converting to Catholicism in 2007. My blog was originally called Conversion Diary, as it has always been a place for me to share my adventures and mishaps with religion.
– My husband, Joe, was raised by a single mother and grew up poor. He ended up going to Yale, then getting a law degree from Columbia, and an MBA from Stanford. He studied artificial intelligence in the Computer Science graduate program while he was at Stanford, and recently became a CPA. Sometimes he dresses up like a banana.
– Joe converted to Catholicism at the same time I did (all the details about that in Something Other than God).
– We had our own reality show, Minor Revisions. There’s a possibility of a second season, and I told them I’m all in if it’s called Minor Revisions: The Fulwilers in Tahiti.
– Joe and I met when we both worked at a high tech company. I was a PHP developer who designed web interfaces to work with databases. I’ve rarely encountered an activity that’s more of a natural fit for me than sitting in front of my computer and writing code for 16 hours at a time.
– We live in Austin.
– My love language is being left alone in silent rooms.
– We have six kids under age 12.
– We live in a three-bedroom house. Yeah. All eight of us.
– Our oldest and youngest are boys, and we have four very wild and girly girls in the middle. The first time we visited a monastery with our oldest, he thought it was the most amazing thing he’d ever seen that there’s a place where you can hang out with only other dudes in silence.
– Joe and I are both only children. Isn’t it crazy that our kids won’t have any cousins? Sometimes it makes me sad that I’ll never be an aunt.
– I homeschool the kids. God gave me absolutely none of the gifts and talents one would need to be an effective homeschool teacher, so that’s always an adventure.
– I’ve appeared on the TV shows Fox and Friends, Huffington Post Live, The Journey Home, Life on the Rock, and The Choices We Face, which taught me that it is extremely important to have a professional blow-out if you’re going to be anywhere near television camera lights.
– I’m an INTP. If you’re not familiar with Myers-Briggs personality types, let me put it this way: I once saw a sci-fi movie about a man who was a brain in a jar, and I thought, “What a great life.”
– My favorite genres of music are Gregorian chant and gangsta rap. I also never heard a dance remix I didn’t like, which is kind of tragic since a friend once described my dancing as “Gumby on quaaludes.”
If you’d like to follow along with the goings on of my crazy life, sign up for my email list! I share email-only stories, blog post, and occasional clips from the behind the scenes of my radio show.
Nice to meet you!