I recently ordered a bunch of CD’s of Fr. Benedict Groeschel’s The Rosary is a Place (which I was raving about here) to use for gifts for friends and relatives. I realized that I ordered one too many copies and was trying to think of what to do with the extra. And then it hit me: use it as a prize for a group writing project! I’ve been wanting to do one of those ever since I discovered the idea through MamaBlogga, and now I even have a prize (if you’re not Catholic, I assure you it makes a lovely coaster!)
What is a group writing project?
It’s where a bunch of bloggers write on the same topic and all their posts are consolidated in one place.
- To get new readers to your site
- To share your knowledge with others
- To discover new blogs
- To have a topic for a post that you didn’t have to come up with yourself 🙂
What’s the topic?
For this group writing project, the topic is: What are three things your parents did right?
How do I enter and what are the guidelines?
- To let me know about your submission, leave a comment to this post or email me (a link to my address is here — include “group writing project” in the subject).
- Your post can be in any format or have any title, so long as it addresses the topic.
- It should be a new post (written on or after October 4, 2007) .
- Please link to this page and reference the group writing project in your post.
- The deadline is a week from today: Thursday, October 11th.
What’s the prize?
As I mentioned above, the prize is a CD that I cannot say enough good things about, Fr. Benedict Groeschel’s The Rosary is a Place. I apologize that this is Catholic in nature — it wasn’t my intention to have a specifically Catholic prize, it just happens to be the only thing prize-worthy that I have to give. It’s either that or a broken stapler and some old pacifiers. 🙂
The winner will the chosen at random.
I look forward to reading the entries!
Be the first to hear about comedy tour cities and dates!
Join my email list and I'll send notes a couple of times per month and will never share your email address.