Hi, friends. Dashing off a quick note from my tablet to let you know what’s new:
The good news is that the path forward is clear now. The bad news is that it’s a lot longer of a path than I thought it would be. The details:
- I’m still in the hospital, but will probably be released tonight.
- They’re actually pretty anxious to get me out of the hospital now that I’m on treatment. Evidently the flu hit Austin all at once a couple days ago, and my floor is filled with coughing, wheezing people with pneumonia, nasty strains of the flu, and other potentially contagious stuff. It would be a disaster for me to catch something that caused lung congestion, so they want me as far away from sick people as possible.
- I’m on treatment, my condition has stabilized, and I am expected to recover. However, my symptoms aren’t much better. Just walking down the hall with a nurse today sent my pulse into the 140s and left me gasping.
- Evidently this is to be expected given the size and number of the clots in my lungs. In fact, the doctors say that I should think of recovery in terms of weeks, not days. The hematologist said it will probably be at least three months before I’m back to anything even resembling normal.
- Needless to say, Joe and I have a lot to figure out in terms of how to run a household of seven people when I can only breathe well if I’m sitting still like a statue. Luckily we’re blessed with a great support system and wonderful friends.
- Interestingly, I have been feeling rock-solid mentally and spiritually this week. In fact, I can’t remember a time I felt more peaceful or closer to God than I do now. I am positive that that is due to your prayers.
Thank you all again for everything. Also, please also keep Kelly in your prayers, as she’s a fellow mom of many who’s hospitalized and in a tough situation.
Be the first to hear about comedy tour cities and dates!
Join my email list and I'll send notes a couple of times per month and will never share your email address.