I am so delighted to have connected with you through my talk at Catholic Women Rejoice! Let’s keep in touch on Facebook, or, even better, sign up for my email list, where I often share info I don’t put out there publicly. (I send notes about once a week.)
“Be who you’re meant to be and you will set the world on fire.”
– St. Catherine of Siena
1. DON’T PUT FALSE RULES ON YOURSELF
- Saints who went against the grain of what we think of as the typical saint: St. Francis of Rome, St. Therese, Mother Teresa, St. Bridget of Sweden, St. Radegunde
- “Am I listening to the Magesterium of Facebook or the Magesterium of the Catholic Church?”
- Mother Teresa’s secret time management advice that saved my life!
2. LEARN TO SIFT YOUR SINS FROM YOUR QUIRKS
- Learn about root sins.
- Get Hallie Lord’s ebook, Freedom From Fear by Friday
- Marion Fernandez-Cueto talk quote: “Church is clear about what constitutes sin. every failure to love. but the positive, the church leaves wide open. god wants us to be free to use all our intelligence and our gifts to follow where he’s calling us. THE CHURCH SHOULD BE THE PLACE OF THE GREATEST POSSIBLE EXPERIENCE OF TRUE FREEDOM.”
- Great quote from JustLovePrints: “Because always, even in the darkest moments, in moments of sin, in moments of weakness, in moments of failure, I have seen Jesus, and I trusted Him … He has not left me alone.” – Pope Francis
- Sister Bridget Haase: “Spah-kle with self-forgetfulness!”
3. COMPARE STRATEGICALLY
- God wants us to compare ourselves to others — but to do it the right now.
- Jen’s rules for comparing yourself to others:
- Find someone whom you see or talk to regularly. (If you haven’t seen their mess, you haven’t seen their real life — everyone has messes.)
- Find someone who has a similar temperament. Extroverts, don’t compare yourself to introverts (and vice versa)!
- Find someone whose life is turning out like you’d like yours to.
A new spin on the St. Catherine quote: Figure out who you’re meant to be, even if it’s hard, even if not everyone approves of it. And once you do that, God will use you to set the world on fire.